Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had my thyroid removed,,I am a baseball player,,,i…

Customer Question
I have had my thyroid...
I have had my thyroid removed,,I am a baseball player,,,i keep getting tight and / pulled hamstrings,Is have no thyroid the reason ???,,what can i do if so,,,cal and mag supplements good ??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2010
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. Since how long the symptoms are there? Any other symptom? Any test for thyroid level? On any medication? Any significant past illness?

Regards.
had my thyroid taken out last jan,,had thyroid cancer,,,no other illnesses, been working out, but both are sore and I get very tired
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. Hypothyroid condition can cause muscle pain, tiredness etc. As doctors are testing your thyroid level, I think, it will be detected if there is any deficiency. If the levels comes even normal, you should consult doctor about your symptoms. They will decide whether they will add any supplement for you. Ant injury to hamstring during playing can cause stiffening or tightness. As both legs are sore, injury may not be a probable cause. Vitamin and mineral supplement can be taken. Take plenty of liquid, fruits, vegetables. As it is going on , it will be prudent to get a consultation with your doctor for examination, and intervention as necessary.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
what supplements you suggest,,some say caland mag,,,,,
Now you can take only vitamin supplements. Calcium and magnesium supplement may be needed, if there is associated hypoparathyroid state. I think doctor will investigate to know about the deficiency state if any.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
Regards.
will start to tak cal and mag now,,,,get into pool on Sat....and start to stretch,,,need to getback on field,,,Take 1 week off you think ??
I think you should discuss you new symptoms with doctor again. A little stretching exercise can be taken. Rest for 1 week and antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen can be taken till you get doctor's advice.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
Regards.