Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the symptoms of parotid gland cancer

Customer Question
what are the symptoms of parotid gland cancer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2010
Doctor: Dr. B., Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Dear Jacustomer,

Greeting,

The most common presentation is parotid cancer is asymptomatic mass which may be noted incidentally while washing the face,can present with pain,,facial paralysis.
Superficial parotidectomy is the treatment of choice for most tumors in the superficial lobe. The surgeron takes caution while preforming the surgery to preserve the facial nerve.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.