Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am really having problems. Over the past few years i have…

Customer Question
I am really having problems...
I am really having problems. Over the past few years i have developed and ended up with the following symptoms.
I have a trigger point behind my right shoulder. Basically this is my routine.
wake up reasonably fine.
come to work (IT) after 10 minutes i begin to get dizzy (by dizzy i mean my sight is slightly off)
I develop headaches,confusion and pretty much feel like im going to collapse. Often i forget what im saying mid sentance and fumble for words.
If i have a few beers on a night then i am pretty much out for 2+ days and we are not talking about drinking alot.
I spend most of my day rubbing my neck trying to relax it or increase blood flow to my brain which helps slightly.
I also have dark blueish under eyes every so often.
I have had an mri of my brain which only showed 1 lesion (followups showed nothing)
I have had an x ray of my chest/upper body
Thyroid tests,multiple blood tests and a sigmoidoscopy (diarhea)
Im really really stuck please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/11/2010
Doctor: Dr. Wajid, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Wajid
Dr. Wajid, Doctor
Hi

Welcome to just answer...

Any other medical conditions?
Any medicines that you are currently taking?
Are you over weight?
Do you snore a lot?
Hi no other medical conditions. I am healthy,eat very very healthy not overweight, good build. No other medications,dont sore. Sometimes get wrestless legs at night. Thanks doc.
Thanks for the input...

Your symptoms point towards the diagnosis of Sleep apnea...

It is a condition, common in males, commonly found in peolpe who are overweight but can also occur in lean patients who have nasal congestion of upper airway abnormalities...

It is characterized by disturbed sleep due to frequent waking up episodes as a result of apenic episodes.. Most of the time the patient is unaware of such sleep disturabances and presents with symptoms of hypersomnolence during the day time, with confusion and headaches...

This condition is diagnosed by home oximetry or by polysomnography...

Sleep apnea can be complicated by hypertension, right heart failure, arrythmias and diabetes...

Treatment involves medical and surgical treatment... Among the medical treatment includes CPAP therapy which is oxygen inhalation by special device at bed time... Other CNS stimulants can be used for this purpose as well...

I would suggest you see you treating physician and discuss this possibility with him...

I hope this answers your question...

Thank you...