Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have not felt good for a few days now, but for some reason…

Customer Question
I have not felt good...
I have not felt good for a few days now, but for some reason today I have felt nauseous and my lower right side has been hurting all afternoon. What do you think it is, and what should I do about it if anything ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/11/2010
Doctor: Dr. Salar, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
do you have any other symptoms like diarrhea or constipation, any burning urination or frequency? fever or chills?
I do not have any of the items you have listed as far as symptoms, but I have felt nauseous and hot alot today - like I can' get cooled off as well as a little bit dizzy and weak. I also know when I tried to pee at work earlier tonight, I had trouble going at first but I eventually was able to go. But my right side keeps hurting and throbbing some. Please Help
there qare several possibilities here. this can be either gastritis, acid reflux, gall bladder related issue or urinary tract infection. you should start taking prilosec otc. eat soft diet and avoid fizzy soda. drink plenty of water. take tylenol for it. if symptoms persist you should see your doctor for liver function tests and ultrasound of abdomen.

I know that I felt the same way a couple of years ago, and they thought it was my appendix but it was not. Also, when you say soft diet, what would you reccommend ?

soft diet means rice, bread, milk, soups,
what about things such as mashed potatoes , eggs, fries, or chicken nuggets/strips ?
mash potato, eggs, fries are ok. if chicken is crispy , fried then may be not.

Ok. Do you there is any possibility that it could be my appendix or do you think it is something else ?

i will appreciate if you accept one of the answers before we proceed.