Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I get sores after sex and itching around the head of my

Customer Question
penis. can anybody tell me...
i get sores after sex and itching around the head of my penis. can anybody tell me what i have?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/11/2010
Doctor: Dr.Amita, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Hello
Is the itching and sores only present after sex and then they go away.
Thanks
Hi
The sores after sex and the itching all the time but not after sex.
The sores appearing after sex could be due to allergy to candida in your partner's vagina. She should be treated with anti-fungals.
The itching could be due to a mild form of balanitis or dermatitis.
Properly clean under the foreskin to remove any smegma which has accumulated.
Do not use scented or perfumed soaps.
You may also have candidiasis. So if treatment of partner does not help you may need to show yourself.
A dermatitis may respond to hydrocortisone cream.
I never got the sores when i had sex with her before.until i had sex with someone else .