Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 61 years old and very healthy with an active lifestyle…

Customer Question
I am 61 years old...
I am 61 years old and very healthy with an active lifestyle I am single, don't drink and donn't smoke. I have been doing cardio exercise and agressively lift weights 4 - 5 days per week for the past 15 years. I have notice that in the past 5 years and especially in the last 2 years that my engerygy level has dropped dramatically. It is extremely low after I eat and often I just want to take a nap even after breakfast and by about 9:00 P.M. I am ready for bed. Sometimes I make plans to go out around 11:00 P.M. but usually I just end up going to bed and if I do go usually as soon as I get to where I am going (normally a club) I am ready to go back home. Even though I am extremely healthy and am single my sex drive is in the basement and I have pretty much lost all interest in sex. The only things that might be considered unusual or a cause is that about 5 years ago; 1. I got a friendly divorce, take Lexapro and have taken a couple 10week cycles of steriods
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/10/2010
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 years ago

Greetings.

Lexapro is known to cause fatigue and decreased libido as side effect. So this is likely to be the culprit. Please read the side effect section of the resource;

http://www.rxlist.com/lexapro-drug.htm

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

You given my question very little if any thought. I have read the warnings. As I told you I have taken Lexapro for 5 years and started experiencing a SLIGHT decrease in energy 5 years ago which both my doctor and I attributed to the Lexapro, however, in the pass 2 years it has completely gone in the basement along with my sex drive. Also I stopped taking Lexapro 2 years ago for 1 year to see if this was the problem and it was not the problem. Also as I mentioned in my original question my energy level becomes very low after I eat.
Doctor: Dr. Salar, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
you need t have your thyroid, testosterone and prolactin level done. weakness following eating points to either heart disease or food intolerance.you should get ekg and echocardiogram. also get co-syntropin test to rule out adrenal problem due to use of steroids. if you had ongoing symptoms despite being off lexapro than it is not the cause fo your symptoms.

OK I have been tested for and ruled outproblems with testosterone, EKG and food intolerances. I will have my thyroid, prolactin level, echocardiogram and co-syntropin tested and hopefully they will find something so that I can solve my problem and you can get paid.

I will let you know the results middle of next week and we can go from there.

i dont think any expert will be interested in dealing with such cases for 9 $ especially when it goes on for days.
Dr. Salar yes you are correct and if that is the amount, $9, that you want to charge my visa then yes I would agree and accept your answer.

you have already made an 18$ deposit from your card. when you click accept i get my share of it i-e 9$ . you can continue to ask follow up questions even after that.

Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor