Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

I was bitten by a friends dog on 5-20-10. Iwas told the dog

Customer Question

I was bitten by a friends dog on 5-20-10. Iwas told the dog had been vaccainted for rabies at the time. I found out this morning my friend lied,it has been 2 years since last vaccaine for rabies. I was speaking getting ready to speak with doctor about how long and what do I need to take or do. I cleasned the wound with hot water and soap, then used peroxide, alchohol, then applied antibotic cream and have taken AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125mg TASAN for sinus infection poir to dog bite. I started having an upset stomach Monday afternoon, need to know what to do next
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 years ago.
is the site of the bite ,red?
any fever?
any swelling at that site?
what were you doing when the dog bit you,was it a provoked bite?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The site is healing, it has made a scab , there is no swelling, no fever and no dog was not provoked, she had just had a liter of puppies and was in the bedroom and I walked thru bedroom to batroom and she bit me while I was going to bathroom. My friend was so upset that the dog bit me but I have only the systoms that I told you about earlier
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 years ago.
Dear Jacustomer,

I am sorry to know about your trauma,

Based on what you mentioned,it does not seem that you are having rabies,but still as you mentionedthat the bite was unprovoked,and the status of the rabies vaccination in dog is uncertain,I will advise that you ask your physician to prescribe you rabies vaccination shots ,to be on safe side.
The bite site is healing,no swelling,no fever,so antibiotics as this time is not required.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.