Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

As i am 17st 11lb i realy would like to loose some wight,but…

Customer Question
As i am 17st 11lb...
As i am 17st 11lb i realy would like to loose some wight,but iget down about it because the slimming class's are all full of young poeple, who look as if they dont need to be there. Do istand any chance of looseing weight at the age of 70, plus the fact that, being on a pension there is a limit as to what i can spend
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/9/2010
Doctor: Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician replied 8 years ago
Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Can you re-phrase your question so I may best assist you?
what wouldyou like to know
I want to help you,but have to make sure I am answering the question you are asking. Are you asking if it is possible to lose weight at 70 years of age?
what are my chances at this age
You can absolutely lose weight at your age, no doubt about it.The only differnce is that you will not be able to shed the weight as fast as someone who is half your age, so you will not see results as fast as some of your younger counterparts in your workout class.But you will still be able to lose weight, with dieting and exercise

Let me know if you have more questions or concerns