Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 28year old man and need to know what to do without…

Customer Question
i am a 28year old...
i am a 28year old man and need to know what to do without going to the doctor office this is my problem I have something going on with my butt whole it fills like thier is always something coming out even when I don't need to poop poop so what i been doing is going to the bathroom to make sure nothing is comig out and I go to make sure and i go to wipe my butt whole and nothing is thier but every 20minutes later it fill like i need to go poop poop again and thier is still nothing thier but when i go to make sure by wiping my butt and looking at the paper and it at times look like I wiped clean water from the sink when you wash dishes can you help me with what is going on with my butt whole or with my butt whole part of my body so I don't have to go to see my doctor please help GOD BLess
James Platt
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/8/2010
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
One of the common causes of this situation is actually constipation. Stool is blocking things so liquid stool goes around and comes out. Making sure you are not constipated is one thing to do.
However, there are many other possible causes and doctors are used to dealing with this. Nerve injury to the lower spine, previous surgery for hemorrhoids, damage to the rectum, cancer of the rectum and other things can cause this. So, in reality you really don't want to avoid an examination. Diarrhea can also cause this problem by the way.
If you are more comfortable going to the ER, that's still going to get you an examination and work up, assuming they don't refer you back out.
In the meantime you might start eating a high fiber diet, make sure you are not constipated, and perhaps find a GI doctor, the gastroenterologist specializes in this type of problem...go straight to them.
Good luck
dt
Please click accept to give answer credit. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses very helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.