Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a thyroidectomy 8/1/00 for papillary thyroid cancer. I…

Customer Question
I had a thyroidectomy 8/1/00...
I had a thyroidectomy 8/1/00 for papillary thyroid cancer. I ended up with a right paralized vocal cord. For almost 10 years I dealt with this problem and no longer can deal with being short of breath and having more difficulties during the summer due to humidity and sinus draining from allergies.
A couple of years after my surgery there was a news clip on TV about a mechanisiuim that was inserted between the vocal cords that helped with talking and breathing. I can't rember the name of the procedure or where to get it done.
Can you please give me information on this procedure?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/8/2010
Doctor: Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer:

Do you mean voice box device?
that sounds right, Thanks

Welcome to Just Answer: Below is one of the best voice box available. I encourage you to share this inform with your doctor for further discussions: I wish you the best, ***** ***** bless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhAEm9004TQ

Brian Nelson Loses Voice Box June 2008 Video ...

Voice Box Harmony Vocal Processor

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

The video you sent me doesn't show the device you mentioned. Is there a video I can see? The device is like a strawberry stem hauler that is placed between the vocal cords.

Thank you so much:

This link describes the installation and how the voicebox works:

http://www.ultravoice.com/how.htm

o

Technical description of the UltraVoice

Sorry, but this isn't what I was looking for. It is a simple device that is placed between the vocal cords that acts like prongs to open and close the cords. I hope this helps you to determine what I am looking for.
Thank you so much for your reply:

This is a procedure, please let me know if this is help:

Thyroplasty Surgery

http://daymix.com/Thyroplasty-Surgery/