Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

AM 22 YEARS OLD, I'VE BEEN ALMOST 2WEEKS LATE!I TOOK HPT I…

Customer Question
HELLO AM 22 YEARS OLD...
HELLO AM 22 YEARS OLD, I'VE BEEN ALMOST 2WEEKS LATE!I TOOK HPT I GOT DIFFRENT ANWERS! BUT FEWS DAYS AGO I WAS SPOTTING AND MY HAIR IS FALLING! I DONT TAKE BIRTH CONTROL PILLS, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/8/2010
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
You should first repeat the pregnancy test with an accurate kit. If there is any question, a blood test can confirm.
You should have your OB/gyn doctor or primary care or endocrinology check your hormone levels [estrogen, testosterone, etc] so see if there is any imbalance. Thyroid testing would be good to do at the same time.

Assuming you are not pregnant, missing a period sometimes and spotting sometimes are not necessarily abnormal, And many women experience hair loss at times during the menstrual cycle. So it is possible that this is all normal variability.
But you can't make that assumption, so get it checked out.
Good Luck
dt
Please click accept to give answer credit. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses always very helpful.Answers for informational purposes only.