These are typical symptoms of hip osteoarthritis. Following measures would be helpful;
1) Hip care in the activities of daily living. Few simple self-care measures can be remarkably effective in ending pain cycle.
a) Avoid prolonged standing or walking or sitting with joint in a single position.
b) Squatting, sitting cross legged should not be done.
d) Avoid climbing stairs.
e) Avoid sitting legs unsupported or hanging.
f) Reduce weight.
2) Rest: Taking a break from your normal activities reduces repetitive strain on your hip, gives the time to heal and helps prevent further damage.
3) Anti-inflammatory medications
4) Physical therapy; the goal of physical therapy is to strengthen the muscles around your hip. Ideal is supervised physical therapy. Stretching exercises, pool exercises are also part of the physical therapy regime.
5) Glucosamine and chondroitin orally for about 1-2 years and a trial of diacerin for three months.
6) Local analgesic sprays and ointments to your skin may help relieve the pain and stiffness of osteoarthritis.
7) ) Deep Electrotherapy by physical therapist.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.