How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Brown Your Own Question
Dr.Brown, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 803
Experience:  Family Practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Brown is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump next to my private parts. Should I be worried

This answer was rated:

I have a lump next to my private parts. Should I be worried and what can be done about it?

Where exactly is the lump?

Any change in color of the skin?

Any discharge from the lump?

Any redness or swelling or tenderness?

How long have you had it?

Is it getting larger with time?

Is it movable or fixed?

Is there any fluctuance when you press on it, meaning can you feel fluid in it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Its an inflammation of the skin. There's no redness and I've had it a few days.

The lump is fixed and I haven't noticed a change in size. There's also no liquid or change in colour. I experience pain some of the time.

If you feel that the area is inflammed you may benefit from taking some motrin or alieve and see if the inflammation is relieved. I'm not sure if there there is an infection or a small abcess going on or something else since I'm not able to see this. You may want to put a warm compress on that area for the next couple days. If there are are no changes/improvement or if the lump gets worse please see your doctor. If you develop fever or chills see your doctor right away.

If you have any follow up questions please feel free to ask. If you are satisfied please click accept. thank you

Dr.Brown and 7 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you