Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have red sores on my stomach only, they do not hurt they

Customer Question
itch a little and they...
i have red sores on my stomach only, they do not hurt they itch a little and they wont go away
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
5/18/2010
Doctor: Doctor Ellis, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis, Doctor

how long have you had them?

what do they look like?

can you attach a picture?

what other medical problems do you have?

like little red dots about a week and i have high blood presure.The ointment i used was neosporin. Some are bigger than others

are they in one spot on your stomach? or scattered all over?

do you have the rash anywhere else?

are there blisters? crusting?

no other rash well i would say scattered but only on stomach not chest and i guess u would say there is some crusting

Sometimes the stomach is a common place for a shingles (herpes zoster) infection, but these start as blisters and are painful in a more straight line pattern.

It is most likely folliculitis - an inflammation and infection of the hair follicles on your stomach. Your doctor can prescribe a short course of antibiotics to help it resolve and you may want to use antimicrobial soaps.

Your doctor can also rule out scabies - an infection of a skin mite that can be very itchy.

I hope this was helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT button.

Best wishes!

Can you think of anything else I dont really have a hairy stomach

You have hair follicles on your stomach even though it doesn't look hairy.

It could also simply be a contact dermatitis from something that you wear or use. You can switch to all dye and perfume free soaps and detergents and try a hydrocortisone 1% cream on the rash to see if it works.

Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis, Doctor
Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis, Doctor