Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

How many days do saliva drug test go back to detect drugs

Customer Question

how many days do saliva drug test go back to detect drugs
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 7 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

This depends on many factors. It will only show up positive as long as there is some of the drug left in the body. Some of the things that determine how long it is would be which drug specifically it is, what the person's height, weight, and metabolism are like, how much muscle mass vs fat the person has, how quickly the person's body rids itself of the drug.

Some examples of times that we generally use are as follows:
Alcohol - 0-8 hrs
Marijuana starts showing up as soon as 6 hours, and can stay in a person who usually does NOT use it for up to 10 days, in a habitual user it can remain for months.
Cocaine can last up to 4 days

Here is a link to a website that has a tremendous amount of information about drug testing. It also lists many other drugs of abuse and how long they remain in the body.

G-d Bless

If you have any follow-up questions please feel free to ask them.

_________________________

If you are satisfied with my answer, please push "accept" so that I can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 7 years ago.
The other expert is offline, and I believe that a little clarification may be necessary.

Saliva (oral fluid) testing has a much shorter detection period for marijuana (THC) than urine or hair. Here is an excellent review of the detection periods for various testing methods.
https://secure.zynite.com/qd/download.cfm/comparison.pdf?area=brochure&bid=5&mode=download

Please accept HER answer. I added this for additional information.
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years