How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Cameron Your Own Question
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12910
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Cameron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having surface abdominal pain that is kind of a

Resolved Question:

I have been having surface abdominal pain that is kind of a sharp burning pain almost just beneath the skin. It has been ongoing for about 4 days and is no better or worse. It is also in an isolated area located 3 inches above and slightly to the right of the belly button in a three inch square area. Hurts more when I lightly press the area but if I press hard it does not hurt any worse as the pain seems to be isolated more on the surface, but i understand that organs are beneath the skin there. Please let me know opinions. Thanks in advance.

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.
Any other medical problems or medications? Any black or bloody stool? Fevers?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No meds. No fevers. No black or bloody stools.
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX are right there are organs there.
It sounds like you have gallbladder disease. This could also be pancreatitis or hepatitis. Any of these entities can cause pain in the right upper quadrant as you describe. That being said, sometimes inflammation in the stomach can cause pain in the right upper quadrant. This is what I would do- try taking some medication like maalox or mylanta. This coats your stomach and will help with any pain from a gastric (stomach) source. If you still have pain, then you need to see a physician. Depending on the cause, you may need to stay in the hospital or even have an operation. Some times gallstones can get stuck in the duct and cause inflammation of the liver or pancreas as the fluid backs up. The obstuction MUST be relieved.. If this is gallstones, then they can give you some pain medications. As well, the gallbladder can get infected too and need to be removed.
warm regards

Dr. Cameron and 7 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you