Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

When i did a blood test my ck was 192 IU/L but my ck mb was…

Customer Question
when i did a blood...
when i did a blood test my ck was 192 IU/L
but my ck mb was high 27.4 IU/L
troponin t was < 0.01
i also have chest pain
i take attenolol 200mg
amlodipine 10 mg
and chlorthalidone 50 mg
please tell me what to do
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
4/29/2010
Doctor: Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Dr.K.S.Dastoor
Do you have history of heart disease in the family?Do you have hypertension?please describe your chest pain?any other tests done other than blood tests?have a seen a doctor about the chest pain?
no i dont have a history of heart disease
yes i have hypertension
my chest pain is towards the left side of the chest towards my left arm
well,troponins are the most sensitive markers for infarction and yours is normal.However,the elevated CK-MB may be an indicator of muscle damage.It usually recedes after 36 to 48 hrs.Having hypertension at age 22 is a serious matter.I dont think you should neglect your chest pain.You need to get an EKG of your heart.I suggest that you go to the ER and get it done.Its possible that you may have some ischaemic damage to the heart.Please see a doctor asap so that cardiac trouble can be ruled out.
is it ok for me to take attenolol 200mg
or should i go back to 100 mg
could you suggest another medicine for my hypertension
I'm sorry but i am not allowed to prescribe medication.However,please do not alter the dosage without your doctor's knowledge.It is dangerous to change your own medication.New drugs are available now and i'm sure your doctor will switch you over to them if your blood pressure is not controlled.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Dr.K.S.Dastoor
Dr.K.S.Dastoor
Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor