Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

What is included in Labcorp pre-employment drug test 788450,

What is included in Labcorp pre-employment drug test 788450, could not find on their cite
Category: Medical
Expert:  Family Physician replied 7 years ago.
I have been unable to find an specific reference to this test. It is possible that this is a CUSTOM panel. I have used LabCorp for years as a physician, and have in the past used a number of custom panels.

Where did you get this number?

Why are you (or the person) being tested?

What drugs if any have you used?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1. From the pre-employment form LabCorp Web COC
2. Pre-employment (see the question !)
3. Nothing, except some time alcohol
I need to know exactly what type of drugs are included, or at least is alcohol included ?
The reason I asked the reason for your test, if this was for a DOT regulated test, the panel is defined by federal regulations.

I am unable to locate this particular panel. I can call my representative tomorrow to get a detailed answer for you, but the local lab is closed at this time. If tomorrow is not soon enough, I will opt-out and see if any other experts are familiar with this particular panel.

If they do test for alcohol, there is really no problem as long as you have abstained from alcohol for a period of at least 1-1 1/2 hours for each drink. For example, 6 beers would be expected to be detected in urine for 6-9 hours maximum (although any urine left in the bladder form this time would still contain alcohol).

Some programs use EtG testing (which can detect recent alcohol use over a 3 day period). This test is usually used in programs such as parole, where people are prohibited from consuming ANY alcohol. Since alcohol is legal, most employers do not do this testing. The often will perform urine (or more frequently breath or blood alcohol) most often post-accident rather than preemployement.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1. If you will put the word 'employment' in the search condition for www.labcorp.com/dos
test menu you will find 2 tests:764888 and 764875 ( for pre-employment with 11/12
drugs including alcohol)
2. I do not think its DOT regulated, cause it is a bank.
I found those, but I didn't find the panel number that you gave 788450. That is why I believe that this test may be a customer designed "custom" panel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how to get the answer about that particular ? Impossible ?. Do not think so.
I will be happy to call my LabCorp representative tomorrow to see if I can get the details.

HOWEVER, since you are NOT using any illegal drugs, you really have NOTHING to worry about.

LabCorp is a very reputable lab, and ALL of their employment drug testing is confirmed with GC/MS confirmation. This confirmation eliminates the multitude of possible "false positives" that you will see listed on the internet. Personally, I have been tested by LabCorp when I accepted a position several years ago, and did not worry one bit about this test.
I checked with my representative at LabCorp. This is a 5 panel test:
  • Amphetamines
  • Cocaine
  • PCP
  • Marijuana
  • Opiates
I'm glad that we did eventually find the details for you.