How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a flutter in my chest and burping w/o food ingestion.

Resolved Question:

I have a flutter in my chest and burping w/o food ingestion. Thought it was heart related but had stress test and 24 hr EKG monitor; both negative. No pain or reflux just a feeling of flutter/spasm and burping. Not loud or deep, but burping nontheless. Had hip replacement over a year ago and general anesthesia. Seems to have started @ then. Thought it was heart related because I was taking my pulse and when I felt the flutter feeling, the pulse "skipped".
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 7 years ago.

Do you suffer from nausea?
Does the symptoms get resolve with antacid?
Do you suffer from stress?
Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No nausea, but do take antacids. There is no pain or reflux of any sort. I'm retired, but I've had challanges with anxiety all my adult life, but have never had the flutter/burping before.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 7 years ago.
Well, these symptoms are due to any of these conditions-
-Stress and anxiety related,
-thyroid disorder,
-excess use of Caffeine,nicotine,
Also beta blockers may cause such chest flutter.
My opinion is that you should make an appointment with Internal medicine doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
I wish for your good health.
Dr. Robert and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you