How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DoogleNK Your Own Question
DoogleNK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1139
Experience:  orthopedics,general medicine 7years of experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DoogleNK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

54 y female diagnosed with celiac disease. My gastro doc has

Resolved Question:

54 y female diagnosed with celiac disease. My gastro doc has referred me to a dermatologist treat mouth ulcers and to check out hepitiform dermatitis. He turfed me because he didn't want to deal with my symtoms. Can a dermatologist diagnose the cause of mouth ulcers?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 7 years ago.
Dermatitis herpitiformis is known to be associated with celiac disease. It is diagnosed by a blood test to look for IgA antibody and a skin biopsy ( most often done by dermatologists). I believe your gastro doc did the right thing and referred you to a dermatologist who would consider a skin biopsy. The dermatologist can also run additional blood tests to look for deficiency of vitamin B12,folic acid, iron and autoimmune diseases which can cause persistent mouth ulcers.
DoogleNK and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you