Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Pain in left leg between knee and ankle. No swelling,

Customer Question
tenderness to touch. Press on...
Pain in left leg between knee and ankle. No swelling, tenderness to touch. Press on affected area skin stays recessed for about minute before returning to normal state.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
4/12/2010
Doctor: DOCDEV, Doctor replied 7 years ago
DOCDEV
DOCDEV, Doctor

Hello.

It seems like you have got a deep vein thrombosis in one of the calf veins.

You should get a peripheral doppler ultrasound done immediately, to rule this out. If this is really DVT, then you would need to start on clot busters, or go for a surgical embolectomy.

Please get the appropriate referral from your PCP.

Hope this helps.

Please press ACCEPT if this answer has been helpful. I am avaiolable for further follow up discussions. Thank you.

DOCDEV
DOCDEV, Doctor
DOCDEV
DOCDEV
DOCDEV, Doctor