Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Burning sensation in my head

Customer Question
What causes a burning sensation...

What causes a burning sensation in my head? It feels like my head on the inside is burning. I have tingling sensation down my arm and leg. I feel off balance.

Already Tried:
I have been to so many doctors and they could not find anything from CAT, MRI, MRA, x-rays, etc. My blood work revealed low levels of the adrenal hormone. I started taking vitamins to replace a lot of the things that I was not eating since I had stop eating for a while. I lost like 10 lbs and now I weigh 105-108 lbs. I was taking pills for my adrenal glands.

Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
4/11/2010
Doctor: Dr.tiwari, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor

Could you please answer some questions so I can understand your situation?
1.Since when it is there?
2.What are the aggravating or relieving factors for this?
3.Are you taking treatment for diabetes or high blood pressure?
4.Any medicines you are taking at present?

1. everyday since January 2010 2. don't know what aggravates it. nothing relieves it

3. no, no 4. vitamin d (I was taking Intro Max (vitamins), Adren All, Iscort(stopped March 2010)

Thanks for information.

Such type of burning sensations or ache in the head generally occurs due to following reasons-
1.Ear infections
2.Diabetes
3.High blood pressure
4.Sinus infections
5.Fever
6.Stress
7.Tumors of the brain.

By looking at the details it looks that your MRI/CT & X RAYS REPORT ARE NEGATIVE .The only positive report is with your adrenal chemicals which are low.Depending on this it looks that it may be the stress which may be the only reason associated with burning in the head low in adrenal due to adrenal fatigue.You should do following to have relief-
1.Start doing yoga & meditation to keep yourself relaxed.
2.Take an adequate sleep of about 8 hours.
3.Avoid excessive physical & mental stress.
4.Avoid junk foods,cola,soft drinks,refined sugars,candies & substances which provide a quick sugar release.
5.Eat healthy.add vitamin B5,12 FOUND IN LEGUMES,GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES ETC.
6.Take supplements containing coenzyme Q.
7.Take medicinal supplement containing ginseng which is a good source of energy.

Hope this will help you.

I've talked to another doctor that said my B12 levels were too high because I was taking b12 vitamins. Do you think that I could have vitamin deficiency? My hair has shed in the area where my head is burning. Do you think I might have a pinched nerve in my neck which is causing my stiff neck?

The scalp is supplied by C2,3 DERMATOME ,if these nerve are pressed by vertebrae then there may be associated problem with the respiration as the nerve C3,4,5 also contributes with action of diaphragm & also the disc prolapse & degenerative changes in this are is not common .So the most probable reason for this neck stiffness & off balance with hair loss may be the stress.You should also take an opinion from a neurologist for this.

Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
thanks
Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor