How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Su S Your Own Question
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 20995
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump inside my penis near or around the urethra and

Resolved Question:

I have a lump inside my penis near or around the urethra and located about halfway between the base and the tip. It is painful if pressure is put on it but I have no pain or difficulty urinating. I'm assuming this is a cause for concern and suppose I should see a doctor but don't have a primary care physician. Are there specialists for this or what should I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.


Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. What is the size of the lump? Color? Is it persistent? or comes and goes? Since how long ? Any other symptom? Any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The lump is internal and seems to be located near or around the urethra so visual identification is impossible. The lump seems to be pea sized. I didn't find the lump until a few days ago but I began to notice discomfort accompanying erections a few weeks ago. The lump is persistent but the discomfort comes and goes. Putting pressure on it seems to aggrevate it. I don't have any other symptoms and as I previously stated I have no trouble urinating. There is no past illness.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. The pea size lump in the shaft of the penis is probably a sebaceous cyst. usually it may not need any intervention, if it does not cause much discomfort. The other probabilities can be infection or folliculitis, wart, papules, lymphocele etc. The primary doctor can give you a provisional diagnosis, as you do not have any, you can consult an urologist for examination, investigations to get the precise diagnosis and intervention if necessary.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Dr Su S and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you