Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

blood in stool and urine a few days ago. Nothing since and

blood in stool and urine a few days ago. Nothing since and no fever.
Submitted: 7 years ago via HealthCare.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any change in bowel habits, any diarrhea or constipation? Do you have any pain when you urinate? Are you absolutely certain there was blood in the stool and in the urine or was there blood in the toilet water?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
in both at the same time. I urinated in a clear cup and it was like a red wine color that had some water in it. The stool color was more of like marron in color. I have type 2 diabetes and take metaformin, simvastin, linsapral, and for the past week, Calis, and ammoxin for a dental issue. I have seen nothing since the the blood which was 3 or 4 days ago.
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.
I asked those Questions because it is very unusual to have a blood in the urine and blood in the stool at the same time. You could have one disease which can account for this which would be a fistula or a communication between the bowel and the urinary bladder or you can have 2 separate processes occurring. You may have a urinary tract infection or any bladder polyp or tumor causing the blood in the urine. Also you can have a possible inflammation of the prostate gland or a kidney stone giving blood in the urine. As far as the stool being maroon in color this is usually associated with a lower gastrointestinal bleed at would usually be coming from a bleeding diverticulosis. It also could come from a polyp or a tumor but maroon colored stools usually signify a significant amount of bleeding. The medications that you are taking would be unlikely causes for this problem. The amoxicillin could cause an infection called C. difficile which can give you bloody stools but he would also have diarrhea. You will need to see a urologist to evaluate your urinary tract and also a gastroenterologist to look into your large bowel to see if there are any abnormalities and make appropriate treatment.
*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

can I wait 2-3 weeks before I see a doctor? What tests do they do to view the large bowel, colonscopy? What of a catscan.

Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.
It would definitely not be prudent to wait for 2-3 weeks. You should have a colonoscopy which is a test To view large bowel. A CAT scan would not help to see the lining of the bowel or the urinary tract.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Why can I not wait? I have no insurance

Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.
it may be life-threatening. That is my advice. It is up to you.