Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

I scratched my roof of my mouth and my gland was swollen

I scratched my roof of my mouth and my gland was swollen under my chin for a few days. Now three days later it feels like there is something stuck in the back of my throat. I am not sure if my uvula is touching my tongue and giving that sensation, or even if the two are related!

Any signs of sore throat?

Can you see the spot where you scratched ?Are there signs of inflammation ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No sore throat, I did see the spot where I scratch it,it was more towards the back of my roof of my mouth,and the first couple of days it was a white spot, but that has gone. I scratched it a week ago today. The gland under my jaw is not swollen anymore, and last Saturday, three days after I scratched it, I woke up and it feels like there is something in the back of my throat, but won't cough up. There is no pain at all. I am not sure if I scratched my throat lower down, or if my uvula is touching my tongue. I scratched it pretty good with a potato chip. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the inputs.

From the details it seems you had focal infection after scratch (white spot) and the gland was probably a enlarged lymph node due to infection. And at this stage of healing its common to have such symptoms like mild itching, foreign body sensation ,irritation etc.

I think you can try tantum gargles, it can provide instant symptomatic relief. The usual adult dose is 15 mL gargled or rinsed, and repeated three or four times a day .

I hope I have been helpful to you. Please ask if I have left any of your query unanswered or if there are any doubts

A positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.

Thank you. Regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what does tantum mean?

Tantum is benzydamine oral rinse containing 0.15% Benzydamine Hcl a ... Tantum oral rinse is used to relieve pain and inflammation related to oral cavity. It has instant soothing effect.

Thank you. Regards ***** *****