How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Cameron Your Own Question
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12910
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Cameron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a pimple in my testicle area. It enlarged, became very

This answer was rated:

had a pimple in my testicle area. It enlarged, became very painful, then swelled, then bleed/released yellowish puss, driained, and left a hole in my skin (on my testicles) that is painless. In the whole I can see a greeenish; mustard-yellow ball with slear liquid juice surrounding it. What do I have?


It sounds like you have an abcess which likely started as a sebaceous cyst. The material that you are seeing is the sebaceous material (like a badly plugged gland). Anyway, it needs to be evacuated if the area is going to heal.

You need to see a doctor in the morning for evaluation. They may opt to use a scalpel (after anesthesia) to make a small incision so that it can drain properly.

In the meantime, you can keep applying warm compresses to the area to encourage drainage. Of course, if you develop any fevers, worsening pain or other concerning symptoms, you may need to go to the ER to get this taken care of right away....

warm regards

Dr. Cameron and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Am I going to be at risk with any sort of health conditions the longer I wait to get the sebaceous material removed? What happens if I don't remove the sebaceous material, and instead I leave it as is, do nothing, totally avoiding the surgical removal it / draining of the sebaceous material? Reason I ask is because I am extremely nervous to go under the knife .... I had a major car accident 10 years ago and suffered an ABI. Im nervous to think of the pain and can get uncontrollable in a regular clinic. Could I wait to be totally "under" in hospital if I can get into the Operating Room in 2 weeks time?
you are not going UNDER the knife... this is a really easy procedure. It is local anesthetic. Small injection of lidocaine, small incision and you are done. If you do nothing to remove the material, it will keep getting infected.
Dr. Cameron and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
is there something else I can help you with? I noted that you looked at the answer and did not accept. Was it unclear?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have another area where a skin blemmish, a nodule, formed. On the second day, the area surrounding the nodule began to swell, with a cystic look under the affected, blemmished area. 4 days later, the area is giving off yellow-puss with blood, and now seems to be drying out and becoming itchy. I also have been nursing this affected area just as I did the first area i.e. my testicles. What is this skin problem?
I have a dermotologists appointment coming up in 3 weeks, if I don't do anything until I see the dermatologist, then ask the doctor to put me into the hospital at that point, could it work?
would you mind accepting one of my answers before we proceed?
Thanks. You might have folliculitis- which is an inflammation of the hair follicles which is why you are having so many of these. The treatment is antibiotics- usually septra or keflex. You can ask your dermatologist for this- but you can also ask your regular doctor. I really don't think that you need to be put into the hospital for this- this is not a serious infection.
Dr. Cameron and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have also gone to wax my legs and arms over 1 year ago. However, I have black dark marks on my skin, left over from trying to pull/pick out in grown hair(s), or trying to remove bumps on my legs. These black marks are not going away. I tried to use "skin-lightening" body wash formula, and, dark-spot removing cream...both did not seem to work. What is the spots on my legs, and what can I do to remove them. Should I go for laser ? - one of my friends suggested this.

Well, the dark marks are likely scarring from previous pulling or pick out the grown hairs. Some people have a tendency to scar more than others. You can see a dermatologist- are you are in 3 weeks. There are some skin lightening formulas (prescription) which may help. Laser is also a possibility. Some dermatologists have the right lasers- or they can refer you to someone who will. But hang in there- you are having the derm appointment in three weeks...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How does one get the cycst on my testicles?
How does one get the second blemmish I mentioned - i.e. the one which you recommended the antibiotics?
How can I prevent this from happening again?
What changes should I make in bathing/ skin heigene?
What foods and drinks should I consume more to avoid these conditions and help my skin?
What foods and drinks should I not consume? i.e. foods/drinks that would increase my chances of skin condition reoccurance?
are you shaving at all?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did shave about 1 week ago....

Sometimes when you shave, you can introduce bacteria under the skin and into the ducts- and then you can get a small cyst or abscess. As well, when the hair grows back, it can tunnel under the skin and cause the same thing. Just keep the area clean, do not shave any more. Wash with warm water and soap twice daily and wear cotton boxers so the area can breathe..

Dr. Cameron and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you