Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I was diagnosissed with staphilaccocus aureus by taking

Customer Question
samples from my throut and...
i was diagnosissed with staphilaccocus aureus by taking samples from my throut and nose. i constantly have had this white mucas coming from my nose and throut. WHen i got a flu it was turning into yellow mucas in very large quantity. My touncils were quite imflamed and a doctor suggested removal operation. I never did. Later on they found a cyst on my chik next to nose. and the doctor suggested that this is the reason causing all my problems. I did take the diagnostics with a grain of salt and so far did nothing about it. I still have white mucas and I get sick quite often. i have been prescribed antibiotics several times and now i am afraid my bacteria will becoe resistant to it. Any advise what i should do.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
3/12/2010
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 7 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,

Sorry for your sufferings. Did you have any culture of the mucus?

.

Regards.

i think i mentioned staphilacocus aureus was found. or are you asking something else?

I wanted to mean whether any sensitivity test for antibiotics were done along with culture? Did it show resistance to any antibiotic?
it showed resistance to most of antibiotics probed, the only ones it was sensitive is cephazoline, and something else i cannot remember, i actualy took two courses. while the conditions inproved, i could not completely get rid of the symptoms.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. Staphylococcus is a normal flora of the skin. Sometimes, overgrowth can occur after a viral illness, when you get yellow secretions. When your symptoms improve, with medication, it seems that the bacteria is sensitive to the antibiotic which you have used. Sometimes, prolonged treatment may be necessary for a cure. If chronic tonsillitis persists, then reinfection is possible. You can take some vitamins, if needed iron preparations to boost your immunity. Fresh fruits, vegetables etc. can be taken daily. If reinfection occurs, consult an ENT specialist.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)