Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  Several years of clinical experience in all fields of Medicine.
11246089

Sickening sweet smelling stool odor, normally occurs after

Sickening sweet smelling stool odor, normally occurs after an evening of drinking
Hello, welcome to just answer and thank you for your question.

Abnormal odor of stool are commonly due to intestinal diseases like malabsorption, disaccharidase deficiency, inflammatory bowel disease like crohn's or ulcerative colitis, pancreatitis, liver diseases like chronic hepatitis.

If this has ben going on for quite sometime, you should consult a gastroenterologist to investigate for undiagnosed disorders of the intestine like malabsorption, disaccharidase deficiency and so on.

I hope my answer was helpful to you.Please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button to accept the answer. FEEDBACK and BONUS would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This only occurs after an evening of drinking has been ongoing for about a year now.
There is a possibility for liver disease like alcoholic fatty steatosis or fat malabsorption which can contribute to abnormal stool odor.Please do a stool analysis after consulting a physician or preferably a gastroenterologist.