Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

What does a high sed rate mean (34)?

What does a high sed rate mean (34)?
Hello
Why are you taking the above mentioned drugs
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Long story. But I had a severe side effect to flagyl about 3 1/2 years ago, and having my gall bladder removed and the came down with CDIF. Every since, I have had nuerapothy in my thighs and up my back and into my head. A rhuematiod doctor has diagnosed me with RA, fybromalagia, and chronic fatigue. Two different nuerologist said I didn't have pirephial nueropothy. I haven't seen the nueroloagist in over 2 years. Never had a MRI of the neck of head, but still get the electrical pulses 24/7.
ESR is high in inflammatory conditions and also in auto immune diseases like RA, multiple myeloma , temporal arteritis etc.
Your level is moderately raised which can be due to infection or is also seen in people being treated with methotrexate to see the response rate.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is ESR?
ESR is erythrocyte sedimentation rate. It is the rate at which RBC ppt in a period of 1 hr. It is a non specific marker of inflammation.