How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.David Your Own Question
Dr.David, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Stabbing middle of back pain on the right side... comes &

Resolved Question:

stabbing middle of back pain on the right side... comes & goes evey few minutes & takes my breath away. heating pad did not help & also took Relafen that did not do really anything. Has been going on for 24 hours now. Should I be concerned? Get an xray? There has been no trama to the area, nor have I strained it to my knowledge. Any advise would be very appreciated. (oh, & I am feeling sick to my stomach) Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 7 years ago.
Is there any vaginal discharge?
Is there any pain/discomfort in urination?
What you mean by I am "feeling sick to my stomach" ?
What are your symptoms of stomach?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no pain while urinating & no discharge. Have been nauseous. FYI.. have my annual PAP tomorrow scheduled.. is there a test they can provide.. maybe I have some issue with my kidney? your thoughts?
Expert:  Dr.David replied 7 years ago.
most likely this pain seems to be due to kidney problem. The complaints you have described can be due to renal calculi(kidney stone),bladder infection,sexually transmitted disease.Other causes can be vaginitis, atrophic vaginitis or urethritis,pelvic inflammatory disorder,urinary tract infection,Interstitial cystitis.
You need a simple, inexpensive screening test, called a routine urinalysis, urine culture,cystometry,neurological tests,pap test,pelvic or lower abdominal ultrasound.The exact diagnosis can only be made after these tests .So I advice you to consult your doctor for the tests & treatment accordingly.
Dr.David and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you