Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

I am losing my pubic hair. I have noticed this for about a

I am losing my pubic hair. I have noticed this for about a year. I think this is hereditary
because when my mom was in the hospital recently, I noticed that she had none,however
she is 91. I am 66. I have mentioned this to my family Dr but they did not want to give
me any hormones. I have tried over-the counter supplements and a hormone cream,but
nothing works. Is there a solution? This is devastating.
Thank you so much.
Hello
Hormonal deficiencies, nutritional deficiencies and medications (such as some forms of HRT) should all be considered as possible causes. Nutritional deficiencies brought on by increased stress or severe dieting may contribute to pubic hair loss. It can also be due to hereditary(as seems in your case).
Many women lose more head and body hair, including pubic hair, during or after menopause, and this is also a normal occurrence. Losing pubic hair doesn't just happen for no reason - there is always an underlying cause.Certain cancers, such as leukemia, can be responsible for pubic hair loss and cirrhosis of the liver can also cause patches of pubic hair to fall out.
You need tests & examination to know your hormonal levels & to rule out the other conditions. So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor.
Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.