How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9249
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a burning sensation in my genital area that started

This answer was rated:

I have a burning sensation in my genital area that started 12 hours ago. I do not have any blisters or redness in the genital area. I had a possible exposure 3 weeks ago when a man touched my penis in the suana. Could I have contracted an std? If so what type?
Do you have burning while urination ?
Penile discharge ?
Kindly explain what kind of exposure it was ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No burning while uninating.
No penile discharge.
The individual in the sauna played with my penis with his hand. There was know direct penis to penis contact. There was no oral sex or anal. Afterwards in the shower he pressed himself up against my backside for few seconds.
Hand job's are usually considered one of the least risky forms of sex play .
So chances of STD transmission from what you describe is less likely .
You can opt for a urine routine examination to rule out any associated urinary tract infection as well .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Based on on my web research Genitiall Herpes can be spread by skin to skin contact. I do not know if this individual had herpes, but if he did and touched his genitials prior to rubbing my penis with hand could he have spread the virus to me?
Well genital herpes can spread from skin to skin contact .
If symptoms do occur, they will usually appear 2 to 7 days after exposure .
And the lesion in genital herpes look like small blisters or ulcers on the genitals and the blisters or ulcers tend to be grouped into crops .
For further reading
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did go to the doctor and had a urine test. The initial test in the office showed white blood cells. He checked my prostate and found it enlarged. He placed me on an antibiotic and thought I probably had a prostate infection. He also sent my urine sample out for a culture test. The results from the culture test came back negative -- no infection. I have been feeling better after taking the antibotic and the strong burining sensation in my gential area has susbsided. The doctor recommended I continue the antibotic and thought the culture test may not have reflected the prostate infection.
I am still concerned about gential herpes. It has been 28 days since the exposure and I do not have any blisters. I have not had any fever, headaches, swollen lymph nodes, but my scrotum appears to have some redness.
Would apprecite you commenting on the doctor's response and my concerns about gential herpes.
Well at your age enlarged prostate can be a common finding and prostatitis can be indeed a possibility.
Also you can request your doctor for a blood test called as PSA .( Prostate-specific antigen) .
Prostatitis may often cause elevated PSA.
Also since you symptoms improved with antibiotic suggest bacterial pathology since there is no effect of antibiotics on viruses .
Dr.Anil and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have now completed all but four days of my (14 day dosage) antibiotic, and still have symptons of a mild buring sensation in my penis. Have relieved the discomfort with one advil taken every 12 hours. I had two glasses of wine last night causing the burning sensation to increase. I have no fever or other symtoms. When should the burning sensation go away and why am I having an adverse reaction to the wine? Do you still think this could be a prostate infection.
Well your doctor may want to add a urinary alkaliser like DISODIUM HYDROGEN CITRATE SYRUP ( Urinary Alkaliser) to reduce the urinary acidity and help in decreasing burning .
Probably wine has effected the PH of the urine.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The mild buring sensation in my penis has never gone away even though with the anitbiotic it is not as acute. How long should it take for the burning situation to stop?
Well in patients with chronic prostatitis antibiotics may be prescribed for several weeks .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not have a burning sensation when I urinate but just a continous burning sensation in my penis. Is that normal for prostitatis?
Burning sensation you describe may be related to prostate infection .
Dr.Anil and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you