Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. I've been teaching,practicing and learning since 1985.
5101698

Can a doctor prescribe vyvance and lorazepam at the same

can a doctor prescribe vyvance and lorazepam at the same time?

Hi

Yes these two drugs can be co-prescribed.

Do you need to know anything else about them?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How should I explain to my doctor how I need these prescriptions to be able to better function during a difficult time in my life? What dosage do you recommend since I have been on clonazepam (.5 mg.) for a month and a half? I believe I need a stronger dosage because I know my body and what I am feeling; however, most doctors want to prescribe what they think is best for my condition. I am currently unemployed and don't have funds to continue seeing a doctor once a month at $89.00 a visit. Whatever advice you can give me, will be truly and deeply appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hi

You have been prescribed these medicines already?

What is the main reason that you need to consider taking them?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, sir. I haven't been prescribed these medications; however, I feel that these medications are exactly what I need during this difficult time in my life (unemployment) and am not focused, have anxiety attacks, and can't sleep. I am currently taking clonazepam of only .5( point 5 mg.) which is a total joke. I recently doubled it to 1 mg. and still didn't have any type of reaction to the drug. What do you recommend I say to my doctor this afternoon about prescribing vyvanse and lorazepam for me and at what dosage(mg.) and times daily. I have to pay $89.00 and want to feel that I am going to be able to maximize at my full capability. I know I need something stronger than a .5(point 5 mg.).

Hi

To be honest I would not recommend any of these drugs for anxiety.

Self help , psychology and medication with a SSRI / beta blocker are much more likely to give you a permanent solution rather than simply sedating you......

Vyvance in particular is unsuitable - it is stimulant amphetamine used to treat ADHD

Please read the links below and get back to me if you wish.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Anxiety-A-Self-Help-Guide.htm

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Anxiety-Generalised-Anxiety-Disorder.htm

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Your first statement stated that these two can be co-prescribed. Why would you change your mind? These two medications seem to fit my type of condition. I have read up on anxiety and don't feel those websites will help me at this time. Okay, a rephrased question that would definitely answer my question: what would be the reason to prescribe vyvance and lorazepam at the same time?

Hi

These two can be co-prescribed for ADHD!

Personally I would NOT use them to treat an anxiety problem and I would be surprised if anyone else would to.

The second link I sent you outlines all the effective drug treatments - these are very effective.

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You didn't mention what mg. would be suited for these prescriptions if they were prescribed to me anyway? Will you please give me your expert advice and that will be my last question for you. Thank you so much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi

For adults with ADHD the dose of Vyvanse is 30mg daily - max 70mg daily.

Lorazepam - short term use in anxiety 1-4mg per day in divided dosage - best to treat for 6 weeks or less in view of dependence.

Dr Jef