Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

SORE SPOT ON LEFT SIDE OF NECK RIGHT NEXT TO APPLE....ANY

SORE SPOT ON LEFT SIDE OF NECK RIGHT NEXT TO ADAMS APPLE....ANY IDEAS ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 7 years ago.

Can you provide more details?

Since how you have this sore spot ?

Any signs of inflammation, discharge,itching or scaling?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I noticed it yesterday and i can feel it pulsating....when i'm looking straight ahead the pain is next to the adams apple. if i tilt my head up i can almost feel it right under the back of my jaw line..
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 7 years ago.

Is it some kind swelling or bump which you are feeling below skin? Please describe it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i do not feel any kind of bump....it is very tender....very painful..when i turn my head to the right and touch i feel nothing....only looking ahead and to the left is when i can feel it....
Expert:  Dr Jones replied 7 years ago.

From details and symptoms described by you its difficult to predict exact cause of your pain. There are multiple structures located at this site, like thyroid, carotid vessels,neck muscles and lymph node etc. And as you described it as pulsating it can be related to blood vessels or in close proximity of vessels.Pathologies of any of these structure can give raise to such symptoms.

Usually such cases like yours are investigated by neck sonography and then if required CT scan. I guess you should consider a primary evaluation by GP doctor ,who can clinically examine you and guide you regarding further investigation , specialist (if required) and treatment.

I hope I have been helpful to you, Please ask if there are any doubts.

Please click the ‘ACCEPT (Green) Button so I get credit for my time.

Thank you. Regards