Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
8227957

Im a 23 yr white female.Iv a 6 month old son.6 wks ago i

Customer Question

Im a 23 yr white female.Iv a 6 month old son.6 wks ago i experienced an episode of severe tremoring & was unable to pour him a bottle.this passed in mins.Iv had minor tremoring for a long time that seemed to come & go.I then experienced numbness/tingling in my little & ring finger on left hand.This lasted around 10 days now only comes and goes.During this time i had severe fatigue,twice woke at night with 'dead' arms,left sided face numbness lasting around an hour,burning skin in different spots on my body lasting only mins,muscle spasms,arm leg jerks?constant muscle twitches all over different parts of my body,tired muscles i do not feel i can hold my son as long as usual and hurts to walk up the stairs,a feeling of vibrating or shaking of whole body which i usually notice in bed.Since then iv been feeling alot better,numerous symptoms have gone but i am starting to experience the numbness in my right hand also.Iv an app with neuro to discuss ms,any other possibilities?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 9 years ago.

Is it now present on both the hands?

Which part of right hand is involved?

Did you have any test in hospital?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It is in the same fingers on the right hand. Still comes and goes in both hands. I also forgot to mention sharp pains in all fingers also. The only test they did in hospital was to check my electrolytes (sp?) because i was complaining of non specific muscle twitching. this result was normal
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

There are several causes of tremor of hands-

These can be

Stress, anxiety, or fatigue

Excessive alcohol, coffee

Low blood sugar

Brain disorder like Parkinson's disease, Multiple sclerosis,stroke etc.

Hyperthyroidism

The numbing sensation are can also be due to many of those conditions.

When it affects ring & little finger ulner nerve pinching or its root can also be there.

The other causes are like low calcium or electrolytes (for which you were tested), vitamins , thyroid diseases, diabetes etc.

Though anxiety is possible but it is safe to get an examination by a neurologist.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I understand you cannot suggest a diagnoses of anything as testing will have to be done but i am curious to know, as i am worried and assuming i have ms, in ms is it usual for all these symptoms to appear at once? thankyou!
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 9 years ago.
In ms the symptoms often start typically on one side of the body or in the lower half of the body.

Visual disturbances are also frequent.