Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I cant stop urinating pains in my lower back and stomach,

Customer Question
funny taste in my mouth...
i cant stop urinating pains in my lower back and stomach, funny taste in my mouth, feel very sick and tired........... i went to see a nurse she checked my urine but she said it was clear......... do you think besides kidney stones could it be diabetis?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2010
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Im sorry to hear about your symptoms,

Can you tell me do you have any vaginal discharge?
Do you feel thirsty all the time? is your mouth dry most of the time?
Did the nurse check for glucose in your urine?
How long have you been having this problem?
Does it hurt to press on your abdomen? if so which area?
Any headaches etc?
Any other medical conidtions? medications?

a little discharge

i do feel wuite thirsty and my mouth is dry even after i eat , a funny taste i feel like my mouth smells...

the nurse just checked for urine infection she didnt say anything else

it has been over a week now

my back hurts lots and sides and stomach a little

if i press on my abdomen i just want to go to the toilete

not much headaches no other medical condition

Thanks for the additional information,

the vaginal discharge is indicating that you certainly do have an infection which can be not in the urinary tract but in the genital tract. This could cause the frequent urination as well. This is called as Pelvic Inflammtory Disease. This can be diagnosed by conducting a pelvic exam and a HIgh Vaginal Swab which will show any infecting organisms. The increased thrist can be due to dehydration as a result of the infection. Now this is usually treated with Antibiotics and Painkillers. But an exam and testing is necessary to amke the diagnosis. In addition an abdominal ultrasound will also be helpful.

Diabetes is certainly a possiblity specially since you have frequent urination and increased thirst. But an infection MUST be ruled out first as pains in the lower back and abdomen do not occur with diabetes but this is a possiblity as i said. This can be easily diagnosed by doing the following tests,

fasting blood glucose > 126 mg/dl will diagnose the disease
Urine analysis to look for glucose in urine

So i would suggest that you visit a doctor and not a nurse and get a pelvic examination and the following tests,

High Vaginal Swab
Repeate urine analysis and also check for glucose in urine
Fasting Blood Glucose
CBC
Abdominal and pelvic Ultrasound

Also if you have not had your period then a pregnancy test is also advisable as it would cause pains and increased urination sometimes but not always. A simple pregnancy tests at home will be helpful. i hope this answers your question but you should visit the doctor for a clinical examination and testing.

If I have been helpful,

Please click the ACCEPT (Green) Button so I get credit for my time,

POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUSES are always appreciated

Please feel free to ask me follow up questions, also note that this is NOT a substitute for a visit to the doctor.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor