Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

What does it mean when my tongue hurts all the time?

what does it mean when my tongue hurts all the time?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question. There are many causes for that and important one which can leads such tongue symptoms are neuropathy, infective cause, vitamin B12, C& folate deficiency, acid-reflux. I will advise you to have these tests like serum vitamin B12 and folate levels, complete blood count, serum feritin levels, blood culture. I will also suggest you to see Internist for complete evaluation. Take multivitamins one tablet daily like Tab. centrum for one month. Use anti-septic mouth wash as well for one week.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here

Best of luck and keep in touch
Regards
Dr. Amir Javed