Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

What is the lethal dose of oxycodone?

Customer Question

What is the lethal dose of oxycodone?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question. I would say that usual dose of oxycodone may vary depending on the condition or disease. Oxycodone is for moderate to severe pain control and should be taken strictly according to the prescription of doctor. It can be taken up to 280 mg any thing above comes in overdosage and if you suspect that your sister is taking more dosage then you can consult her doctor and inform. You can also get more information from: Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers)

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Regards

Dr. Amir Javed

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Doctor, I'm afraid I didn't really understand what constitutes an overdose. I guess that I need to know id: what dose could kill her. I neglected to mention that it seems she's always popping Valium, 5 or 6 10mg tablets a day. I read someplace about a rock star who died from a combination of these drugs. Does the Valium add to the dangewr?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.

There is not any dosage of oxycodone which we can say can kill someone because it all depends on the severity of disease requiring pain control and you will not find any fix lethal dose of oxycodone even in the literature provided by them. Normally here in UK we try not to give the dose above 280mg/day but can be given if necessary. Yes there is a known drug interaction between valium and oxycodone. The interaction can be dangerous. I am giving you a link for more information.

http://pain.emedtv.com/oxycodone-apap/drug-interactions-with-oxycodone-apap.html

Please do ACCEPT the answer in order to give respect to my time & work here.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Regards

Dr. Amir Javed

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry. You really didn't give me the hard information I need. I have to know whether to attempt to commit my sister and get her off these drugs,
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry if I will not be able to help you this time. I am goin to OPT out so another expert might help you in this. Best wishes Dr. Amir Javed