Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Right side abdominal pain that radiates to mid back.

Customer Question
Colonoscopy & Xrays Appear normal...
Right side abdominal pain that radiates to mid back. Colonoscopy & Xrays Appear normal. CT shows 2cm lesion over tail of pancreas 2 small cysts over right kidney. Also have been experiencing respiratory problems caused by environmental allergies. Pain is more severe when experiencing bronchial spasms. On going for about 1 year.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
12/31/2009
Doctor: Internist, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Internist
Internist, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer.

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms

1-You ever had pancreatitis?

2-Do you drink alcohol?smoking?

3-Have you beend diagnosed with any medical illness?

4-Any urinary or bowel problem?Fever?Anorexia?Weight loss?

5-The lesion in the pancreas is cystic?or solid?

Never had pancreatitis, Don't smoke or drink alcohol during the past year, had several urinary tract infections. occasional constipation especially when on antibiotics. I lost 27lbs between Jan 10 09 and feb 28 09. Not sure about the lesion. Dr didn't seem to be to concerned about it. Only thing I have been diagnosed with was severe mold allergies.

Thanks for the detailed info

Sorry for delayed response,i was away.

Well there are two different things to deal with.

The presence of lesions in the pancreas associated with pain and marked degree of weight loss is not to be taken easy,and needs to be worked up

The lesions can be cystic in which case it can be followed up and if solid they are malignant untill proven otherwise,so i would have been your physician i would have investigated it further by some blood test like CA 19-9 which is often rasied in cancerous lesions ofthe pancreas.

If the lesions are cystic they can be followed up on regular basis by CT Scan, in case the size increases or the symptoms are worrisome,they need treatment.

The cystic isolated kidney lesions can be simply observed provided there is no urinary problem,no hypertension and kidney function is normal

The allegies have nothing to do with weight loss and pancreatic mass,routine anti allergic medications,pulmonary function evaluation,use of bronhodilator inhalers is all that works.

At the maximum you can pay a visit to allegy doctor for allegen testing and future treatment plan.,

Again i would stress the need of work up for weight loss and the pancreatic lesions,needed at the earlies t possible,

I hope the info helps

If you need further assistance feel free to ask

If you were satisfied,Kindly click ACCEPT,Thanks.

Internist
Internist, Doctor
Internist
Internist
Internist, Doctor