How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

70 year old with vaginal bleeding,starting about 1 month ago

This answer was rated:

70 year old with vaginal bleeding,starting about 1 month ago as spotting and get progressively worse to where a pad is needed?
Any postmenopausal bleeding whether or not a hysterectomy has been performed needs to be evaluated for cancer - I would recommend a pelvic exam, a PAP if one not recently done, a Pelvic ultrasound, an endometrial biopsy of the inside of the uterus, plus some labs too such as thyroid (TSH - thyroid stimulating hormone) and blood count. I hope this helps, and please click on ACCEPT and if you have further questions, please ask and thank you for your question.
Dr. Owen and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** my mother and she was diagnosed with uterine cancer and it was caught early because it had not spread to the lymph. She has had si8x months with not cancer and didn't have to take any other treatment.

very helpful,
Thanks and god Bless!
YOu are welcome - any time...