How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Wu Your Own Question
Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1835
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Wu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What specialist doctor treats a muscle, tendon or ligament

This answer was rated:

What specialist doctor treats a muscle, tendon or ligament tear in the back area?

Thank you for submitting your question.

There is no specific surgery to treat muscular pain in the mid back area. Unlike a shoulder ligament tear(which is repaired surgically by an orthopedic specialist), the muscle injury in the mid/lower back area is usually treated with physical therapy and pain medication.

Your T7 fracture, even though it is repaired, likely contributes to the pain as well.

I would recommend that you see a physical therapist. I think you would benefit from a back brace to stabilize the spine and heat therapy. Acupuncture can be very effective in treating this type of back pain as well.

You can also consult a pain specialist. If oral medication is not effective, in some cases injections in the spine(epidural injections) can provide relief.

I hope this answers your question.
Dr Wu and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you