Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

I have a constant sound in my ears that sounds like cicadas

I have a constant sound in my ears that sounds like cicadas on a quiet summer evening. What can get rid of this?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
Any history of recent sore throat or runny nose?
Are you diagnosed of any medical condition?
on any medications?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No recent sore throat or runny nose. No medical condition and I am on no medications.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 years ago.
Hello

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,I will advise you ask your physician to do a physical exam of the ear to rule out menierre disease or bening positional vertigo as a possible cause as it also presents with ear ringing(tinnitus) like yours.
I will advise that you meanwhile get over the counter cetirizine from any pharmacy which will most likely take care of your symptoms.

Wish you best of health and happiness.
Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.