How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.David Your Own Question
Dr.David, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have itchy outer ears - this has persisted for over a

Resolved Question:

I have itchy outer ears - this has persisted for over a year. What kind of doctor should I go to? It is the skin of the outer ear - should I seek a dermatologist or an ear doctor?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 7 years ago.


The symptoms you have described are suggestive of skin disease known as eczema(Dermatitis).A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

The following will help you greatly:Take tablet levocitrizan 5mg once a day.Apply cream containing hydrocortisone.This will reduce the rashes & itching.All these medications are available at your counter without any prescription.

For prescription medications,I advice you to make an appointment with the dermatologist.



Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Dr.David and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you