Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
17382760

Hello, i am unable to poop without using my finger to help

Hello, i am unable to poop without using my finger to help push out the feces out of my body, and this since i'm around four, i'm now 20 and i tried stopping several times but i fail because though i can sometimes poop normally, if i never use my finger i can stay a week without pooping and it really hurts because it's right here, but it won't come out without my finger, it's like the last part of my rectum muscles doesn't work at all... what can i do to fix it? does it have a name? is it a medical condition?
Has any tests been done for your symptoms?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no, i'm too ashamed to talk to anyone about it, i only told my fiancee who told me i should look it up online.
Hello

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,there is a possibility that your symptoms could be due to hirshprung disease in which enteric nerves are absent in a part of colon so stools are not moved forward.I am mentioning this possibility as you have a chronic history of these symptoms.
Other possibility could be underline undiagnosed thyroid problem which could also lead to similar symptoms,so ask your physician to do serum TSH to rule it out.
Wish you best of health and happiness.
Thanks
Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
First of thank you very much for your time,
Second of is there any simple treatment i could try myself before having to go to a doctor?
I am pretty sure it's not a thyroid problem because i think that was cheched for some other reason when i was a kid so is there any other possibility than those two?
Your welcome
You should eat fruits with pulp,can take laxatives,but I will advise that you should get tests done to know the root cause of the symptoms.
If thyroid imbalance is the cause ,supplementation of thyroid will take care of the symptoms.If hirshprung is the cause then surgery is advised.
Thanks