DOCDEV
DOCDEV, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCCS, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine.
14105073

I have these small gray/black spots on my scalp, especially

I have these small gray/black spots on my scalp, especially around my hairline, that go away when I wash my scalp, but apear again when its time for me to wash my hair? What could it be? Where did it come from? And how do I get rid of it indefinently?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Hy.

Looks like seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Seborrhoeic dermatitis usually presents as scalp scaling and erythematous spots in the scalp and around hair line.

Does it itch?

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care Specialist

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the black/gray spots come off eaasily so to speak. they dont necessarily itch, although I cant tell, when I wipe/scratch it off theres no red mark.

Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Topical application of a water-soluble ointment containing 50 mg of Vitamin B6 per gram of ointment has been used as an effective treatment, for this kind of dermatitis.

Also, try biotin, zinc and b complex vitamin supplements, they are known to help.
You should also start on ketoconazole shampoo and steroid creams in consultation with dermatologist.

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care Specialist

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my whole scalp itches like crazy sometimes, so I cant tell if its coming from the spots, they seem like almost blackish dandruff, but, some of it is definently on my skin, like a part of my skin, Ive also noticed some of the clusters on my hair near my hairline. What is it from? does it spread? How do I disinfect my house, and my animals from it? Can I die from it? What is the outcome of them?
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 7 years ago.
Th itch symptoms makes me doubly sure that you have a seborrhoeic dermatitis or (seborrhoeic eczema )
This is a skin and scalp disease and nobody dies from this condition !!

This mostly arises from fungus .Genetic, environmental, hormonal, and immune-system factors are also involved . (This could be explanation for resistant cases.)

You should use ketoconazole shampoo and steroids in consultation with dermatologist, as I had emphasized earlier.

A general cleanliness and good hygeine always helps, but its not necessary to disinfect the house as such.

Dr.Dev

MD FCCS

Critical Care Specialist

Please press ACCEPT if this answer has been helpful.