How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MDPhD to help Your Own Question
MDPhD to help
MDPhD to help, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1287
Experience:  Clinician in Internal Medicine and Basic Science Research in bacteriology and infectious diseases
Type Your Medical Question Here...
MDPhD to help is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a large lump under the skin above my pubic bone to

Resolved Question:

I have a large lump under the skin above my pubic bone to the left, it is not hard to touch and feels like a water balloon, it doesn't hurt but it is quite pronounced - could this be cancerous..?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  MDPhD to help replied 7 years ago.


There are many possibilities for what this could be and the main way to figure this out will be to have your doctor examine you. Cancer is possible but less likely given several tings: generally cancer tends to be firm, hard, and would not usually be described as a water balloon. Water balloon-like feel is more consistent with a fluid filled sac called a cyst or a lipoma which is a fat-containing mass. The only way to tell is to have your doctor evaluate, but from your description, it sounds like cancer is low down on the list of concerns.

Please let me know if you have more questions.


MDPhD to help and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you