Dr. Grinman
Dr. Grinman, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
4600930

What causes blood to come out of your ear?

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Grinman replied 7 years ago.
Any pain? Any hearing problems? Any other discharge? Were you cleaning the ear when it happened?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i WAS NOT CLEANING MY EARS i JUST NOTICED IN THE MIRROR I HAD BLOOD DROPS UNDER MY EAR LEFT==WASHED IT WITH A WARM CLOTH AND THEN USED THE UTIP AND REALIZED THERE WAS ALOT OF BLOOD IN THERE. IT FILLS FULL BUT NOT REALLY HURTING JUST UNCOMFORTABLE. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON NOW FOR TWO DAYS SEEMS LIKE THE BLOOD IS SLOWING UP BUT IT IS STILL THERE. I WAS NOT HIT OR BUMPED IN THE HEAD.

This is is indeed unusual.
Most of the time any leaking fluid coming out of the ear is actually ear wax.
The main possibilities of blood in the ear canal are due to injury, cancer, or a foreign object in the ear canal.
To be safe I would consult with your doctor to have a look inside your ear canal.
Dr. Grinman
PS Please don't forget to click ACCEPT if you have no further questions. Positive feedback and BONUS are always warmly appreciated.