How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Bhumika Your Own Question
Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3197
Experience:  MD Pulmonology/Medicine Asthma, Allergy, 6+ years of experience in medicine and family health issues
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Bhumika is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Why would my doctor refer me to a Gastroenterologist when I

This answer was rated:

Why would my doctor refer me to a Gastroenterologist when I have been diagnosed with a gallstone instead of a surgeon to remove the gallbladder

This is not the usual approach - if you have been diagnosed with gall stones you should be refferred to a general surgeon or to a gastro surgeon.

You should call up your doctor and let him / her know about this.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Please click ACCEPT so that i get paid for my work. A bonus would be appreciated.

Dr Bhumika and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you