Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Feels like a spiders web across my face. Arm pits are

Customer Question

Feels like a spiders web across my face. Arm pits are itching, gut rot and upper right side pain (radiating to back). weakness in right arm.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 7 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for your question.

Do you have red rash on the face?

Do you have any neck pain?

High blood pressure?

I'm still online to answer your queries after you send me this info.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a red rash and some neck pain. I'm also suffering with nightsweats.
My blood pressure is normal.
Thanks your the reply.

You can take OTC benadryl or prescription Zyrtec for the rash and itching.

The neck pain could be muscular or due to cervical spondylosis.

Take an ibuprofen and apply hot compress over the sore area.If you feel better, you donot have to doanything. But if the pain conitunes, you ge a nack/ cervical X ray done to exclude cervical spondylosis.

The night sweats could be normal or due to medical conditions like menopuase, idiopathic hyperhydrosis etc.
Please look up this link.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for replying, but I feel the reply is a standard off the cuff response that anyone would have tried before asking for an expert to assist. Therefore I don't feel like I can click and accept.
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the additional information. Well, it sounds like you have alot of rather vague symptoms which could point to systemic illness, like an autoimmune disease or a hormone deficiency (low thyroid). I am particularly concerned about the night sweats. Lupus and rhuematoid arthritis are the most common inflammatory arthritides which are tested for, there is collagen vascular disease, sjorgens, etc..

That being said, another possibility that is frequently overlooked is heavy metal poisoning. many metals can cause vague (but very real) symptoms of fatigue, unusual rashes, joint pains, etc... you might be in contact with these and not even know it.

In addition, certain malignancies, such as lymphoma and leukemia can give you vague symptoms of fevers, weight loss, night sweats, enlarged lymph nodes and even rashes As well, certain vitamins deficiencies can cause the same symptoms.

Finally, an indolent infection such as HIV can give you the same symptoms. Other ones include tuberculosis. Not to mention other immune deficiency syndromes.

So, I would:
1. consider a consultation with a rheumatologist
2. ask about heavy metal poisoning
3. ask about vitamin deficiencies.
4. get tested for hormonal abnormalities
5. consider a consultation with an infectious disease doctor and immunologist if the other steps above are negative for disease.

This should get you started!

Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing