Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

My blood pressure runs 140/84 or so. Yesterday at 6pm I felt

My blood pressure runs 140/84 or so. Yesterday at 6pm I felt unwell. When I took my pressure it wa 168/104w/92 pulse. I have /zestril to take if pressure is above 155 so I took 5mg. Hour later it was still 15 6/93 w/101 pulse, so I took the other 5mg. This 11 am it was 111/71 w/95. I have felt faint, sweat and nausea. At 6 pm it was108/66 w/126 pulse Now it is 102/53 w/82 pulse. I still feel unwell in waves. Should I go to emergency?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would say yes you should go to ER because your BP is falling persistently due to the effect of medication and you are also having symptoms of low BP. You need proper evaluation and re-review of treatment strategy for hypertension. Early evaluation is recommended in your case and visit to ER is advised for you in order to rule out any thing serious and complete examination.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Regards
Dr. Amir Javed